Get Ready Lansing: Construction About To Affect Your Daily Commute
Forget Spring, Lansing is entering what I like to call "Construction Season". You know... it's that season right between Winter and Summer when there are tons of orange cones dominating your daily commute. Fear not my fellow drivers, with the help of the Michigan Department of Transportation, I've put together a list of some of the major construction areas so your commute is a bit easier!
- From now until 4/30/16 - Expect single lanes closures on North and Southbound M-99 between Edgewood Blvd. and Bishop
- From now until 7/1/16 - Expect single lane closures on North and Southbound Cedar Street under I-96.
- From now until 6/3/16 - Aurelius Road over I-96 is completely closed in both directions. There is a detour; Willoughby Road to Cedar Street to Pennsylvania Avenue to Miller Road.
- From now until 6/24/16 - The right ramp lane onto the Grand River/Saginaw Exit (Exit #78) from Southbound 127 is closed, however the exit itself is still open for use.
- From now until 8/12/16 - The shoulder is closed on Northbound 127 between Saginaw (M-43) and Lake Lansing Road.
- From now until 3/18/16 - Expect nightly single lane closures on 96 East and Westbound between mile markers 104 and 106.
- And for one day this week... From 6 am until 5 pm on 3/17/16 - Expect single lane closures on East and Westbound 69 at Exit 87 (Old US-27) overpass.
Of course this is just some of the construction going on. If you come across some construction that isn't listed, feel free to give our Traffic Tip Line a call at 888-765-8723. And be sure to listen Monday-Friday from 6 to 9 am and again from 4 to 6 pm for the most up-to-date traffic conditions. Safe driving!