Beware of Credit Card Skimmers Found At Lansing Area Gas Stations
So many scams going on these days, we all have to be so careful especially with email and phone scams. Please remember don't give out any personal information over the phone or email.
Now we have to be extra careful when pumping gas in Michigan. Personally, I always try to run in and pay cash, but if I have to pay at the pump I always use a credit card with a chip and NOT a debit card that is attached to my bank account.
Be Extra Careful Getting Gas
This is why we need to be extra careful these days, Inspectors recently found credit card skimmers at many area Michigan gas stations according to wwmt.com. Drivers really need to be alert.
The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) said during a routine inspection blitz, inspectors discovered credit card skimmers inside gas pumps at the following locations:
Skimmers Found At These Locations
- Admiral, 3221 Division Ave. South, Wyoming
- Admiral, 5342 S. Westnedge Ave., Portage
- Sunoco, 40200 Michigan Ave., Canton
- Admiral, 4315 Chicago Dr., Grandville
- Mobil, 1396 Ecorse Rd., Ypsilanti
- Sunoco, 5843 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Lansing
- Mobil, 1500 Haslett Rd., East Lansing
- FlexxMart, 496 Main St., Belleville
Remember this can happen at any gas station, Skimmers, copy credit card information from gas station customers. Crooks can put on a gas pump on in just seconds.
Keep in mind too that to be extra safe, use pumps closer to the store. they are more visible to employees. And like I said if you are at a new gas station or want to be absolutely sure pay cash inside.