Mark Your Calendar For 97.5’s Annual Cinderella’s Closet!
First, we would like to say thank you so much to WILX News 10! WILX helped us this last Friday by getting the word out for dress drop off for our annual Cinderella's Closet! Because of WILX, both CSL Plasma locations and Kellie's Consignments had lots of dresses come in over the weekend. Now, we will take your generous donations and make sure the go to a Mid-Michigan girl who needs a dress for prom!
If you or someone you know is in need of a dress for prom, mark your calendar for Saturday, March 24th! That is when we will open the doors to Cinderella's Closet!
Cinderella's Closet will take place from 9 am to 4 pm at the CSL Plasma location at the corner of Cedar and Jolly. Find more information below.
We know that dresses can be expensive, and that sometimes that can be the only thing standing between you and prom. So at our 12th annual event, we invite Mid-Michigan high school girls to select "the dress" from Cinderella's Closet that they will wear to prom!
Cinderella's Closet opens again on Saturday, March 24th from 9 am to 4 pm. For one day only, stop by our Cinderella's Closet at the CSL Plasma at the corner of Jolly and Cedar. We have hundreds of prom and formal wear dresses just for you, for free!
To qualify for a dress, just show up! Volunteers will be onsite to help you find the perfect dress. We may also have some accessories like purses, shoes, and/or wraps.
A few things to remember if you'll be on the hunt for a dress on March 24th:
- Doors may open at 9 am, but it's not a bad idea to get there earlier. Every year, there is no shortage of girls waiting in line before 7 am bundled up in their sweats and fleece blankets. Plus, first come, first served. We will be letting girls into Cinderella's Closet in small groups.
- We will have dressing rooms, but likely a limited amount. Please limit it to two (2) dresses per visit to the dressing room to make sure everyone has a chance to try on a dress. If you feel comfortable, you can wear shorts and a tank top while trying on dresses and skip the dressing room.
- Be respectful to others looking for dresses.
- Please treat the dresses with care.
- Tag 97.5 NOW FM in your pictures with the hashtag #975nowfmprom
Keep updated on Cinderella's Closet here on the 97.5 website, and also on the official Cinderella's Closet Facebook page!