We’re Less Than A Week Away From 97.5’s Annual Cinderella’s Closet!
If you or someone you know is in need of a prom dress, but cannot afford one, be sure to make some time and come to the annual 97.5 NOW FM's Cinderella's Closet!
Cinderella's Closet is our annual event where we collect prom and formal wear dresses to be donated to Mid-Michigan girls who cannot afford a prom dress. We all know that prom can be expensive, be we don't want anyone to miss out on the fun! So if you need a prom dress, be sure to save this date: Saturday, March 24th. We're officially less than a week away!
Make sure you check out all the details on when and where Cinderella's Closet is taking place, below.
We know that dresses can be expensive, and that sometimes that can be the only thing standing between you and prom. So at our 12th annual event, we invite Mid-Michigan high school girls to select "the dress" from Cinderella's Closet that they will wear to prom!
Cinderella's Closet opens again on Saturday, March 24th from 9 am to 4 pm. For one day only, stop by our Cinderella's Closet at the CSL Plasma at the corner of Jolly and Cedar. We have hundreds of prom and formal wear dresses just for you, for free!
To qualify for a dress, just show up! Volunteers will be onsite to help you find the perfect dress. We may also have some accessories like purses, shoes, and/or wraps.
A few things to remember if you'll be on the hunt for a dress on March 24th:
- Doors may open at 9 am, but it's not a bad idea to get there earlier. Every year, there is no shortage of girls waiting in line before 7 am bundled up in their sweats and fleece blankets. Plus, first come, first served. We will be letting girls into Cinderella's Closet in small groups.
- We will have dressing rooms, but likely a limited amount. Please limit it to two (2) dresses per visit to the dressing room to make sure everyone has a chance to try on a dress. If you feel comfortable, you can wear shorts and a tank top while trying on dresses and skip the dressing room.
- Be respectful to others looking for dresses.
- Please treat the dresses with care.
- Tag 97.5 NOW FM in your pictures with the hashtag #975nowfmprom
A HUUUUUUGE thanks goes to everyone who's helping making Cinderella's Closet this year; Kellie's Consignments, CSL Plasma, Two Men and a Truck, Bake N' Cakes, Eyde, Blue Sky Painting, Paul Mitchell, and Chick-fil-A!
Keep updated on Cinderella's Closet here on the 97.5 website, and also on the official Cinderella's Closet Facebook page!