The Weeknd Shares ‘My Dear Melancholy,’ Project
The Weeknd has been cooking up. Today (March 29), he shares his latest dish, the project My Dear Melancholy,.
The XO leader gave us signs that something was brewing in recent days. Over the last week, he has been posting footage of studio sessions on his Instagram page with the captions "mixing" and "mastering." Now, the final product is here.
Abel delivers his ghostly falsetto over a brief six-song set of tracks, with the only guest appearances being Gesaffelstein on two songs. The offering features production from Mike WiLL Made-It, Frank Dukes, Skillrex, Daheala and others. The project is the follow-up release to the Canadian crooner's wildly-popular 2016 album, Starboy.
Last week, Weeknd was spotted filming a video in the small California town of Taft, possibly for a track off this project. The release comes with perfect timing. In a couple of weeks, Weeknd will be headlining the 2018 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, along with Eminem and Beyoncé.
Listen to The Weeknd's new My Dear Melancholy, project below.
The Weeknd's My Dear Melancholy, Tracklist
1. "Call Out My Name" (produced by Frank Dukes)
2. "Try Me" (produced by Mike WiLL Made-It, Marz, Frank Dukes and Daheala)
3. "Wasted Time" (produced by Frank Dukes and Skillrex)
4. "I Was Never There" featuring Gesaffelstein (produced by Gesaffelstein and Frank Dukes)
5. Hurt You" featuring Gesaffelstein (produced by Gesaffelstein, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Cirkut)
6. "Privilege" (produced by Frank Dukes and Daheala)
See New Music Releases for March 2018