Roads To Avoid For MSU Homecoming This Weekend
Today (Wednesday) is the kick off of Michigan State Homecoming! There are going to be tons of events all over campus from today through Sunday, you can see them here, but a big event is coming Friday, the MSU Homecoming Parade. The MSU Homecoming Parade is the biggest of the events, if you don't include the Football game, and this one will also interrupt your commute and cause traffic so here's what rods to avoid Friday afternoon/evening.
- Abbot Rd between Whitehills and Burcham from 2:30 - 7 pm
- Abbot Rd between Burcham and Grand River from 5:30 - 7:15 pm
- Burcham Dr between Old Hickory Lane and Abbot Rd from 3 - 7:15 pm
- Grand River between Abbot Rd and the Collingwood Drive/Farm Lane entrance to MSU's campus from 5:30 - 7:15 pm
- Centerlawn Ave between Forest and Abbot Rd from 2:30 - 7 pm
- Evergreen Ave between Centerlawn and Northlawn from 2:30 - 7 pm
- Forest St between Centerlawn and Northlawn from 2:30 - 7 pm
- Fern St between Evergreen and Abbot Rd from 2:30 - 7 pm
- Northlawn Ave between Forest St and Abbot Rd from 2:30 - 7 pm
There are alternate routes to take if you have to travel on any one of these roads and you can see that here, from the City of East Lansing website. But probably the best advice would be to avoid the MSU Campus Friday night cause you will probably see a lot of people walking around and police. Also another heads up the MSU Homecoming Parade starts at 6PM, but as you can see from the list above some of these road closures start in the early afternoon.