Is It Just Me Or Are You Getting Sick Of Summer Too?
I've been noticing it a lot lately, while people are always excited for fall, they are more-so just ready for summer to be over!
Michigan summers are pretty spectacular and I do think it is a time of the year where people get out and enjoy all Michigan has to offer a bit more; however, I can't say I disagree.
We are lucky here to not have the intense heat that many of our states to the south have but that humidity gets us every time.
Lately, I have really just been so sick of waking up to an 80 degree day and I think that is okay.
Summer is awesome until about July, then I am just kind of over it and there are a few reasons why.
I will note, though, a post I saw just the other day got me thinking. It was something along the lines of: "what if we only like summer so much because for 12 years it was ingrained in us as our only time off so now we refuse to acknowledge it's pretty unbearable."
Now, agree or disagree, it does kind of make sense! Summers just aren't like they were when we were kids. We are almost forced to feel guilty for just chilling inside in the A/C and relaxing instead of "enjoying the beautiful day."
Sometimes I just think, "Sure, it's beautiful out but all my shorts are dirty, I really don't feel like shaving my legs just to sit outside and sweat."
Maybe it truly is just me who feels this way, winter is my favorite season after all, but here are a few things to consider before you think I'm insane:
Reasons You Can Be Sick Of Summer
- The Heat = sweat, dehydration, and just plain being hot.
- Look, I would rather be cold than be hot. You can only take off so many clothes before they put you in jail. When it's cold you can layer up as much as you'd like.
- Ladies, shaving is time-consuming and annoying
- I can't be the only person who dreads doing it but is also horribly embarrassed when I skip a day only to have every ounce of stubble gleaming in the sunlight.
- Bathing suits are not comfy
- What's the first thing you do when you come inside from swimming? "I can't wait to get out of these wet clothes." Bathing suits, wet or not, are just not comfy and I, quite frankly, hate being in a bathing suit, constantly worrying about what is showing and what isn't.
- Crazy hot outside, freezing cold in the office
- We've all been there, it's 90 degrees out so naturally you want to wear something a bit more breathable but then you have to bring a jacket to work anyways. At least in the fall what you wear outside can still feel appropriate once you're indoors.
- Some nights I want to catch a sunset, sit by the bonfire or even just eat dinner outside in peace.
So if you are sick of summer and not just because you're excited for fall, you are not alone and actually, I 100% agree with you. Soon enough us fall and winter lovers will be thriving and all will be well.
However, if you are still looking for some summer fun, here are some awesome waterfalls to check out that can make you forget all about how hot it really is outside:
UP NEXT: Michigan Waterfalls You Absolutely Have to Visit