Don’t Forget To Drop Off Your Dress Donation For Cinderella’s Closet!
We just wanted to thank everyone who's taken the time to drop off a dress (or several) to one of our drop off locations! We've received so many donations to help the girls in our community. And we can't do this without you! So thank you to everyone, once again!
If you have a clean prom or formal wear dress (and/or accessories, shoes, purses) that you would like to donate to Cinderella's Closet, please be sure to drop them off at one of our drop off locations by March 11th! Get those details, and more, below!
We know that dresses can be expensive, and that sometimes that can be the only thing standing between you and prom. So at our 12th annual event, we invite Mid-Michigan high school girls to select "the dress" from Cinderella's Closet that they will wear to prom!
Cinderella's Closet opens again on Saturday, March 24th from 9 am to 4 pm. For one day only, stop by our Cinderella's Closet at the CSL Plasma at the corner of Jolly and Cedar. We have hundreds of prom and formal wear dresses just for you, for free!
To qualify for a dress, just show up! Volunteers will be onsite to help you find the perfect dress. We may also have some accessories like purses, shoes, and/or wraps.
A few things to remember if you'll be on the hunt for a dress on March 24th:
- Doors may open at 9 am, but it's not a bad idea to get there earlier. Every year, there is no shortage of girls waiting in line before 7 am bundled up in their sweats and fleece blankets. Plus, first come, first served. We will be letting girls into Cinderella's Closet in small groups.
- We will have dressing rooms, but likely a limited amount. Please limit it to two (2) dresses per visit to the dressing room to make sure everyone has a chance to try on a dress. If you feel comfortable, you can wear shorts and a tank top while trying on dresses and skip the dressing room.
- Be respectful to others looking for dresses.
- Please treat the dresses with care.
- Tag 97.5 NOW FM in your pictures with the hashtag #975nowfmprom
If you have a dress (or dresses!), shoes, or accessories that you would like to donate to Cinderella's Closet, please drop off dresses before Sunday, March 11th at one of the following locations:
- 97.5 NOW FM offices - 3420 Pine Tree Road, Lansing, 48911
- CSL Plasma - 5015 S Cedar St, Lansing, 48910
- CSL Plasma - 3800 W Saginaw St, Lansing 48917
Please drop clean dresses off on hangers if you can spare them!
Keep updated on Cinderella's Closet here on the 97.5 website, and also on the official Cinderella's Closet Facebook page!