A Hesperia man has been released from the hospital and is recovering at home following a deadly carbon monoxide poisoning incident at a music festival.

Kurtis Stitt was one of two survivors of the incident, which claimed the lives of three of his friends while they were camping the Faster Horse music festival near Jackson. The 20 year old Stitt had been in critical condition immediately following the mishap, which appears to have been caused by a faulty generator.

Kurtis' family says he still has a long road to recovery after being poisoned by the fumes. But a Facebook post by the Times Indicator in Fremont reports he is back home and will continue his recovery from there after a week long stay in the hospital.

According to a Facebook page set up by his family, Stitt had a touch and go period early in the hospital stay, in which he survived several set backs before starting to see some progress last Monday.

Kurtis was able to follow commands and answer questions via thumbs up and thumbs down, move his limbs, and smile! Kurtis passed the test to get his tubes out! It was a successful extubation and he is now resting!
Praise the Lord for the continued answering of our prayers. We are taking steps in the right direction and we are so incredibly grateful!
Since that breakthrough, he has continued to improve and was back home as of Monday evening, July 26. There has been no update from family as of this writing on Rayfield Johnson of Michigan Center, the other survivor in the incident, who was also hospitalized.

Feel Good Photos From Around West Michigan


More From 97.5 NOW FM