Weird Michigan Laws That Still Exist
Before you read any further, take this quiz to see how well you know weird Michigan Laws.
How'd you do? Now that you've read a couple of them, you might be interested in other weird Michigan laws that are still on the books. Good news, we've got a whole list of them for you.
You might want to be careful because some of these laws can get you a ticket or maybe something worse. If you have friends that just moved here or will be moving here soon, maybe share the list below with them just in case.
- Adultery is illegal and can be punished only after a complaint from the victimized spouse.
- Anyone over age 12 can get a gun license if they haven't committed a felony.
- You can't kill a dog with a decompression chamber.
- There is a punishment of five years in prison if a male seduces or corrupts a single girl.
- Having sex in a parked car is illegal unless it's in your own driveway.
- If burglars are hurt within the house they broke into, they can sue the owner.
- Old hoop skirts can't be thrown out onto the sidewalk or street in Grand Haven.
- On Sundays, a man isn't allowed to scowl at his wife in Detroit.
- You aren't allowed to paint sparrows to sell them as parakeets.
- Pigs can't run free in downtown Detroit streets unless they have rings in their noses.
- Police must inspect bathing suits in Rochester.
- Cars may not be sold on Sunday.
- It is against the law to serenade your girlfriend in Kalamazoo.
- To keep your cow on downtown Main Street in Wayland, you must pay three cents a day.
- Women can't cut their own hair unless hubby says it's OK.
- You can't get drunk on trains.
You can see more laws that still exist and some weird ones that are no longer on the books here.