VIDEOS: Get March Madness Ready Now (Tips & Tricks)
March Madness and Selection Sunday are a little less than a month away (March 15th). Soon there will be massive talk (and most of it trash) about filling out your brackets. Forget trying to have a perfect one cause the odds are so stacked against you. You just want to do good enough to win with your friends and maybe the office pool. Aren't you tired of finishing last (or super close to the bottom)? And obviously picking teams based on their colors and going for crazy upsets doesn't work. There should be some math and skill involved. You gotta play the percentages. Even though you might not be an NCAA college basketball fan, if you watch the video above from the folks at ESPN, you might do way better than you have in the past few years.
First: Here are some dates for you. And kudos to you too. If you get a good head start on some research now, paired with the tips in the video, you should head into tournament season and fill out your brackets with a little more expertise than before. Good luck.
- Selection Sunday —March 15, 2020
- First Four — Tuesday and Wednesday, March 17-18, 2020
- NCAA Tournament Round 1 — Thursday, March 19, and Friday, March 20, 2020
- NCAA Tournament Round 2 — Saturday, March 21, and Sunday, March 22, 2020
- Sweet 16 — Thursday, March 26, and Friday, March 27, 2020
- Elite 8 — Saturday, March 28, and Sunday, March 29, 2020
- Final Four — Saturday, April 4, 2020
- 2020 NCAA championship game — Monday, April 6, 2020
The 2020 tournament field will be revealed on Selection Sunday — when the full field of 68, seeding, and bracket are released — on March 15, 2020. (NCAA)
Watch the video at the TOP of this blog from ESPN to get the lowdown on picking your teams and how to work the percentages. Even some help on picking upsets and what not to do.
Watch the video BELOW to have March Madness explained to you in about 3 minutes. So you can hold your own in the break room at work. Good luck.
And head here for our 2020 Million Dollar Bracket Challenge. Perfect bracket could get you a cool million. Get 60 games right and you could score $10k. Even prizes for if your bracket is the best in Lansing.