Topic: Worst or Weirdest Sun Burn
This was my topic of the day earlier in the week, and since we are getting closer to the end of summer, you may remember a weird or worst sunburn in your life. Take a listen below and maybe this will give you more motivation to lather yourself up with sunscreen the rest of the summer
If you want to get involved all you have to do is have our Free 97.5 NOW FM app and tap the CHAT button. More on it here
Also here are some sunscreen facts from the American Academy of Dermatology:
- Pick a brand that has Broad-spectrum protection (protects against UVA and UVB rays)
- SPF 30 or higher and that is Water resistance
- Apply sunscreen to dry skin 15 minutes before going outdoors.
- Use lip balm as you can still be at risk to skin cancer on your lips.
- When outdoors, reapply sunscreen approximately every two hours, or after swimming or sweating.
- Higher-number SPFs block slightly more of the sun's UVB rays, but no sunscreen can block 100 percent of the sun's UVB rays.