Pewamo-Westphalia & Okemos High Schools Are Top Ten In This!
MLive recently published a list of the 60 Michigan high schools that produce the most college graduates. And two of the top ten are right here in Mid-Michigan! Kudos going out to Pewamo-Westphalia High School (Clinton County) at number 4 and Okemos High School (Ingham County) at number 7.
(Source & Graphics MLive)
- District: Pewamo-Westphalia Community Schools
- Number of graduates, 2011-13: 202
- % with bachelor's by summer 2017: 57%
- % finished any post-secondary program: 72%
- Sociodemographics of graduates: 100% white; 5% from low-income households.
- District: Okemos Public Schools
- Number of graduates, 2011-13: 967
- % with bachelor's by summer 2017: 66%
- % finished any post-secondary program: 70%
- Sociodemographics of graduates: 90% white; 11% from low-income households.
The list is based on CEPI data for the Classes of 2009, 2010 and 2011, and looks at post-secondary outcomes as of summer 2017, which is at least six years after those graduates left high school.
Below is an online database that allows readers to look up the numbers for any public high school.