Cooling Centers All Over Mid-Michigan During Heat Wave
If you need a way to stay cool during the Heat Wave that is coming this week, then Lansing, East Lansing, and Eaton are helping with Cooling Centers. The Heat Wave will start on Thursday with a high in the middle 90s during the day and dropping to the mid-70s at night. Friday is going to be the hottest day, as according to weather.com, the high is going to be over 95, with the humidity it will feel over 100, and it being in the high 70s to low 80s at night. Saturday should be the end of the Heat Wave as the high will be in the low 90s, with rain coming to cool down everything. Another thing that will make the next three days hotter is that the humidity is going to be high so even though it will say a temperature of 90 or more it will feel like it is over 100 degrees. So if you are going to be out, especially on Friday, make sure to stay cool and
Most places below will be open during the day to help out you and your family stay cool, if times aren't listed you can see the times they are all open here. Ingham, Clinton, and Eaton County Cooling Centers: No pets allowed unless noted otherwise.
- AgroLiquid (3055 W M21 St Johns, MI)
- Allen Neighborhood Center (1611 E. Kalamazoo Street Lansing)
- American Legion Post 412 (5480 Clark Rd Bath, MI) Th-Sa: 12:00 - 9:00
- Briggs Public Library (108 East Railroad Street St. Johns) Th: 9:30 – 8:00; F: 10:00 – 6:00
- CACS Mason (218 East Maple Mason)
- Capital Area Comm Services (1370 N. Clinton Trail, Charlotte)
- East Lansing Public Library (950 Abbot Road East Lansing)
- Elsie United Methodist Church (160 W Main St Elsie, MI) Th-Sa: 7:00a - 7:00p
- First Congregational Church (100 Maple Ave St Johns, MI) Th- Sa: 7:30 - 5:00
- McLaren Greenlawn (401 W. Greenlawn Avenue Lansing) Th-Sa: 11:00 – 6:00
- McLaren Pennsylvania (2727 Pennsylvania Avenue Lansing) Th-Sa: 11:00 – 6:00
- Meridian Mall (1982 W. Grand River Avenue Okemos) MI F-Sa: 10:00 - 9:00
- Pets Allowed at the following, crate required.
- Foster Community Center (200 N. Foster Lansing) Th-F: 8:30 - 5:00
- Gier Community Center (2400 Hall Street Lansing) Th-F: 8:30 - 5:00
- Letts Community Center (1220 W. Kalamazoo Lansing) Th-F: 8:30 - 5:00
Plus you can also stop by all Meijer Locations in the Lansing-Area as they will be open 24/7 to help you stay cool. You can see more cooling centers here.