Be Sure to Bring It to These 6 Lansing Area Halloween Costume Contests
With Halloween right around the corner (about three weeks away at the writing of this article), there's absolutely no shortage of spooktacularly fun Halloween events in the Lansing area! And there's something for everyone...haunted houses, trick-or-treating, hayrides, corn mazes, and even a little friendly competition with some costume contests.
If you think you have what it takes to beat out the Halloween competition, then I invite you to take part in any one of these Halloween events that feature a costume contest.
Kids, Adults, & Dogs Can All Take Part In Some Friendly Competition
No matter if you're a kid, an adult, or a fur baby, there's a costume contest out there for you. Just scroll through below to find the right one.
Kids Costume Contests
- Lansing Area Littles Not-So-Spooky Halloween Party. The party is taking place at Launch Entertainment park on Wednesday, October 20th from 10 am to 12 pm. The party will feature jumping, Halloween crafts, a snack, and maybe even a costume contest.
- How-To Halloween is another jam-packed Halloween event that also includes some costume contests! And, there are some big prizes for the winners. All the fun takes place Saturday, October 30th from 11 am to 6 pm and Sunday, October 31st from 11 am to 3 pm.
Adult Costume Contests
- Get ready to dance until you drop at the Innagural Smoothie Queen Halloween Mixer. There's going to be karaoke, giveaways, and a costume contest with a cash prize. And do keep in mind, costumes are required! Tickets are $20 - 30, and the mixer is taking place on Friday, October 29th at 8 pm at the Lansing City Market.
- Calling all zombies! Compete for the "Best Zombie" contest during the Downtown Lansing Zombie Walk. You'll gather with other members of the zombie hoard and make your way on a walk from the Lansing Center all the way down to the Capitol building. After which, you'll compete for "Best Zombie", in either the kids or adults category.
Dog Costume Contests
- Happy Feet Rescue and REO Town Marketplace are hosting the Howl-lo-ween Pawty for your pups! Bring your fur baby in their best costume to the REO Town Marketplace on Saturday, October 23rd from 12 - 3 pm. In addition to a costume contest, there will also be dog trick-or-treating, pumpkin painting, a fall-themed photo booth, and more. There's a $10 suggested donation.
- Halloweekend at Preuss Pets is back again this year! Dress up your pooch in the best costume you have, and head to Old Town Lansing on Friday, October 29th from 4 to 7 pm. You can take your dog trick-or-treating to over 20 area businesses. Then, you can wrap up the evening with Preuss' annual costume contest. The top 3 costumes will win a prize!
If you need a little costume inspiration, we've got you covered. Check out the gallery below to get some Lansing-themed ideas and to see which costumes are the most popular this year.