Amber Clum of Holt said her child went trick-or-treating in the Haslett and Bath areas on Friday.  On Sunday, she discovered a needle protruding from a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup that her daughter had been given.  Clum says the treat appeared to have been unopened before discovering the needle.  She says she has contacted authorities but has not heard back.

This is not the first incident like this that has been making the rounds on the internet since Friday, but it certainly is the closest that we've seen.

Be sure to check your childrens' candy thoroughly and remind your friends to do the same, especially if they might have been trick-or-treating in the same areas as Amber Clum's daughter.