Ant-Man And The Wasp: Spoiler Free Review
For a comic book character that I thought would make for a horrible (boring) movie translation, I absolutely love Ant-Man. The first movie was so much better than I anticipated. Paul Rudd made the tiny hero so likeable it hurts. Not just in his movie, but even more so with Captain America in Civil War. And the repercussions of his actions in that movie play a BIG part in Ant-Man & The Wasp. But enough plot talk. I said spoiler free! So here goes!
- 87% on Rotten Tomatoes and deservedly so if not higher!
- Fun! It's a fun movie. Bright, action packed, good for the whole family!
- It's Marvel/Disney magic all over again. Makes you laugh and pulls at the heart strings as well!
- Michelle Pfeiffer is awesome and I did not know she was gonna be in it going in!
- Ghost as the villain is awesome! I'm a comic book fan boy. They tweaked the character and changed HER a bit. But a worthy adversary and you are sympathetic to her. There's a reason for her to be here. Great backstory. Nice casting a powerful female villain. That plus The Wasp...Ant-Man gets a great does of GIRL POWER! Did I mention Michelle Pfeiffer?!?
- Laurence Fishburne is one of my favorites in everything he does. Love him here!
- The supporting cast is back and they do their thing! Michael Pena, T.I., and crew provide some great laughs (and not distractions but add to the story).
- THE WASP THO!!!!
- All QUANTUM everything lol!
- There are TWO post credit scenes! TWO!
- The FIRST ONE WILL GET YOU! I want to say more but I said spoiler free! So please don't miss the first one.
- The second one is more fun...and if you stuck around for the first one, you might as well catch the last one. But if not, I don't think you'll miss out. The kids will like it though.
- Totally cool for the kids. Not too intense or violent! And a nice theme of family in the movie.
- I'm not a 3-D fan but do see it as big as you can! The Extreme Screen at NCG Cinemas or in IMAX where available!
See...there you go. Spoiler free! GO SEE IT! I've seemingly had to wait since Infinity War for another certified summer blockbuster worth it's intense advertising and hype. Ant-Man & The Wasp lives up to it! I'd say 3-3 1/2 out of 4 Stars. 8 out of 10.