What to Check Out In Mid-Michigan This Weekend
The weather is gonna be strange this weekend so there are plenty of events to check out inside and outside in Mid-Michigan.
- Capital City Film Festival - Continues through Sunday 4/15. This running all around Old Town and Downtown Lansing. There are dozens of movies and short films to check out. Here's all of the details and schedule of films this weekend, here.
- MSU Science Festival - @MSU Campus. Its running not only this weekend but through April 22nd. There are tons of events, demonstrations, tours, guest speakers and hands-on activities highlighting the fascinating and often overlooked, fields of science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics. More Here.
- REO Town Thrift Store Gala and Burlesque Extravaganza - @ The Wing (735 E. Hazel St. Lansing) Get on your finest gently-used suits and ball gowns and for an evening of burlesque, magic, food, booze and fancy outfits! Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door to anyone 18 and up. Proceeds benefit the REO Town Commercial Association. More Here
- Wharton Center Presents American Idiot - @Wharton Center. It is playing all weekend and up through next weekend. The Tony Nominated and winning show will be coming to the Wharton Center, and tickets are still available. More here.
- Old Town Sunday Doggy Day - 4/15 @Old Town from Noon- 6pm. It's a day to chill and relax with your favorite pooch. Grab the leash and walk around Old Town.
- Race for the Place - @Jenison Field House 4/15 1PM. It's the largest annual fundraiser for MSU Safe Place and allows our program to continue to provide vital services to members of the MSU and greater Lansing communities who experience relationship violence and stalking. More and To Be a Runner here.
- Lansing Lugnuts Baseball - @Cooley law School Stadium. The Lugnuts are back in town this weekend to play West Michigan. They have fireworks on Saturday as well as a kid's promotion on Sunday letting kids play catch on the field and more. You can get tickets here.
But you can check in with me at anytime on Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat @maxonyourradio or on Facebook - Max On-Air. Also if you follow me or ask for a shout out I do those as well at 3:40 everyday.