Tips on Keeping Your House Warm This Winter
As you can see we had our first real snow storm yesterday and temperatures at night are in the single digits. So because of that you are probably using your heat a little more this week even though there are a few ways (Cheap ways) to keep your house warm without using the heater all day.
- Get thicker Curtains - Covering windows at night can keep the heat in your house, plus you can also get thermal curtains. Along curtains also if you have a shower curtain not being used that may work too. \
- Letting the Sun in During the Day - Open those curtains during the day! I didn't even think of this but this allows for natural sunlight to heat up your house at no cost.
- Move Large Furniture From Blocking Heat - This mostly goes for you if you have a heater or furnace not central air. But obvious don't place a large couch or chair in front of them as the heat gets trapped in the furniture and doesn't heat the room. Plus it's also a fire hazard.
- Close Doors To Unused Rooms - This should be easy as it doesn't let heat out of unused rooms as is good for your thermostat.
- Insulating Under Doors and Windows - You can this if you have a an old pool noodle or buy a door insulator for under $10. If you have a pool noodle you can cut it to size of the door and tape it to the bottom, it keeps heat in and cold out.
To read the full story and get more in depth on these tips you can check it out here.