St. Patrick’s Day & More Happening in Mid-Michigan This Weekend
Along with St. Patrick's Day on Saturday there are also several other events and festivals going on in Lansing and Mid-Michigan this weekend. Also this weekend you can expect to see better weather, one week until Spring, with Sunny skies and Highs in the 40s. So let me give you some options on what to check out and do this weekend.
- St. Patrick's Day Celebration - March 17; Downtown Grand Ledge The Parade begins at 2 p.m. Also live music and more start at 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Grand Ledge Opera House. More Here.
- Michigan Irish Music Festival St. Patrick's Party, March 16 & 17; Bella Maria's Event Center in Muskegon. This is rated as one if not the best festival in Michigan all year. More here.
- Maple Syrup Festival, March 17 @ Fenner Nature Center in Lansing. Check out how Maple syrup is harvested, plus you can try some and buy some. More Here
- Something Rotten! - The hilarious Broadway show is making its final performances in The Wharton Center this weekend, only running through March 18. Tickets & Details here.
- St. Paddy's Day 5K Run/Walk - Saturday at 8:30AM @ 15101 Chandler Rd., Hawk Hollow, MI. Tickets are $25, Wear your green and run Saturday morning before you celebrate. More Info.
- Lansing Home & Garden Show - @MSU Pavillion. Tickets $9, Fri.: 12 p.m. - 9 p.m., Sat.: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m., Sun.: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Incredible gardens, and hundreds of exhibits featuring construction, remodeling, kitchens & baths, retail garden centers, pools and spas and home services.
- Easter Bunny @Merdian Mall - The Easter Bunny will be there through March 31st. Hours: Monday-Saturday 10-9, Sunday 12-6 (Merdian Mall isn't open on Easter Sunday)
Of course remember to be careful especially if you are going to any of the dozens of St Paddy Day celebrations going on at the bars and restaurant around the Lansing-Area. There will be an extra police presence in East Lansing as they want to keep the roads clear of cars so pedestrians can make their way around the streets, so watch out if you are traveling there.