Michigan’s Very Best Day Trip Destinations
My wife Lori and I were just talking about this a couple of days ago. We are planning on taking a day trip somewhere in beautiful Michigan in the next couple of weeks.
We are undecided on where to go even though we've both been to many wonderful places in our Great Lakes State.
Sometimes it's nice to get away for a while, but you don't always want to be away from home for too long. That's what makes day trips so nice, and there are plenty of places in Michigan that are a quick drive away from the Lansing area.
Onlyinyourstate.com has some great recommendations:
1. Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids. Now this would be a really nice day trip for anyone. Onlyinyourstate.com explains that you will see things ranging from modern art to outdoor sculptures.
2. Lavender Labyrinth at Cherry Point Farm in Mears. Onlyinyourstate.com tells us this attraction is unlike anything else you've experienced. I think my wife and I would really like this. Onlyinyourstate.com points out that you can,
Pursue row after row of fragrant lavender and bask in the gorgeous purple atmosphere that surrounds you.
3. Greenfield Village in Dearborn. My 5th grade class went on a field trip to Greenfield Village and I haven't been back there since. I do remember buying a lot of delicious rock candy. Onlyinyourstate.com's article says that, "History buffs will be in paradise with a day trip to this incredible attraction within the Henry Ford Museum."
4. Belle Isle Aquarium in Detroit. I've always enjoyed going to zoos and aquariums. According to onlyinyourstate.com, this is the oldest aquarium in the country. How cool is that? There are so many unique things to check out in our state.
5. Outdoor Discovery Center in Holland. This wonderful Michigan destination is geared toward kids, even though it will entertain adults too. Onlyinyourstate.com adds,
From nature trails to educational programming to the chance to get up-close and personal with all sorts of creatures, the Outdoor Discovery Center has something for everyone.
I think my wife and I can take it from here. We now have several great choices to choose from as we plan our next day trip right here in Michigan.