5 Events & Festivals You Should Check Out This Weekend
This weekend will be warmer and also a lot of new festivals and events are coming to town, so here's what to check out this weekend.
- Brrs, Beards, & Brews: A Lumberjack Festival - Sat. Feb 24th Noon- 5pm. It's on Turner Street and it will have a old-school feel with competitions of Feats of Strength, beard and mustache competitions, plus outdoor vendors, beer, whiskey and food. Must be 21 or older and a suggested donation is at the door. More here
- Michigan State University Comics Forum - Sat Feb 24th 10am - 5pm. @366 W Circle Dr, Michigan State University, MI. Its is a multi-day, annual event for scholars, creators and fans of the comics medium. Events include keynote addresses from an award-winning creator and scholar in the field, an artist alley, academic panel discussions, exhibition of comic art, comic book discussion groups and more here.
- Lego-Palooza - Sat & Sun. 10am - 5pm @ Impression5 Science Center. LEGO-themed activities and challenges. Plus they will have free-build area, LEGO arcade. More here
- Michigan Nordic Fire Festival - Charlotte Sledding Hill (620 W. Shepherd Street). Happening all day Saturday and most of the day on Sunday. If you are ready for an interesting one of a kind festival this is it. A fun, family-friendly adventure including a Viking ship burning, spear throwing competitions, sword fighting demonstrations, fire dancers, kid's events, horn blowing, reenactment camp and more. Details here.
- Orchid Show & Sale - Put on by the Greater Lansing Orchid Society on Saturday, Feb. 24 (Noon-5pm) and Sunday, Feb. 25 (11am - 4pm) at Michigan State University’s Plant and Soil Science Conservatory.