What To Do This Weekend in the Lansing Area
It's a couple of days after Valentine's Day and its also getting a little warmer so even more of a reason to get out and check all of the events this weekend in Mid-Michigan.
- Michigan Deer and Turkey Expo - @ Lansing Center. It is happening Friday - 2p to 9p, Saturday - 9a to 7p, Sunday - 9a to 4p. There will be door prizes, seminars, exhibits, shooting ranges and more. More details here.
- 49th annual Spartan Stampede Rodeo - @ MSU Pavilion for Livestock Teaching and Research presented by the MSU Rodeo Club. It is running daily there until 2/17. Tickets are between $12 - $20, and you can get them and more details here.
- Klimb For Kids - @Breslin Center. Klimb for Kids is a physical event that involves climbing the stairs at the Breslin Center on MSU's campus! Included in your ticket is a fun workout, a cool T-shirt, free food, free giveaways, and a chance to win a BIG prize! More Details here.
- Zoo in Your Neighborhood - @Capital Area Distric Libraries in Leslie (201 Pennsylvania St). This is a new program which will provide communities throughout mid-Michigan opportunities to have memorable encounters with live Education Animals. These free events are presented by Potter Park Zoo and for all ages! More Here.
- Greater Lansing Chinese New Year Celebration - @Meridian Mall. Happening on Feb 18th from 1p - 4:30p. This event launches with a traditional Chinese parade and features a variety of performances, including Chinese folk music, lion or dragon dances and more. Visit displays of Chinese cultural artifacts such as Chinese paintings, calligraphy, paper cutting, Peking opera, musical instruments and games. More here.