Statewide Artic Air Advisory In Effect All Week
It's winter in Michigan and we get it its cold, but this week we are seeing the coldest temperatures we've felt in a while. Ugh!
It is so cold and will be cold this week that in fact AAA of Michigan has issued a statewide "Arctic Air Advisory". The highs for the week in most parts of our area will be single digits with the lows in the single digits or negatives. Plus when you factor in the wind chill its going to be a little below 0.
This Extreme cold can wreak havoc not only on you but also on your car. So AAA has suggested a few things to keep your car ready for this:
- When it comes to your battery, make sure it is charged and in good condition.
- Use Windshield Wiper fluid that won't freeze up, the more of a alcohol content in it the less it will freeze.
- Also make sure to keep gas in your car, atleast half a tank.
- To prevent your car doors from freezing, place a plastic trash bag between the door or window glass and the frame.
- Also if you have a garage use it, or if you have a tarp then cover your car if it is out in the open.
To see more about the advisory you can click here.
But I know that I can't wait to be bundled inside under a blanket with a hot beverage to fight off this weather.