How To Deal with a BAD Boss
Everyone has had a bad boss at some point in their lives. Lord knows I’ve had some DOOZIES over the years.
If you’ve had a bad boss, you know:
1) you can’t reason with ’em
2) they won’t acknowledge your ideas
3) right or wrong, THEIR way has to be the way things are done
4) they may try to find ways to get you canned so they don’t have to pay unemployment
…and the list could keep going.
Fortunately, I haven’t had a bad boss for many years now…hopefully, you haven’t either. But for those unfortunates who are STILL working for their own “Simon Legree’s”, here are 10 tips on dealing with bad bosses, according to themuse.com.
1) MAKE SURE YOU’RE DEALING WITH A BAD BOSS
2) IDENTIFY YOUR BOSS’S MOTIVATION
3) DON’T LET IT AFFECT YOUR WORK
4) STAY ONE STEP AHEAD
5) DOCUMENT EVERYTHING
6) WAIT IT OUT
7) ACT AS THE LEADER
8) IDENTIFY TRIGGERS
9) USE TIPS FROM COUPLES’ THERAPY
10) AVOID FUTURE BAD BOSSES
Or, you can just throw up your hands and quit (but make sure you have another job waiting in the wings…don’t let your anger leave you out in the cold with no income)!
So I hope these tips will help anyone in need of dealing with an unruly or unreasonable boss or supervisor…
Read more details-in-depth and the explanations for the above ten tips by CLICKING HERE.