National Selfie Day! Let’s See Yours!
Today is National Selfie Day! Show us yours! And when taking a selfie, here are some tips.
- Lighting is everything. And the light source should come from behind the camera, not you.
- Camera up and above you. Photos come off less intense and that angle is a little more flattering. And speaking of...
- It's all about the angles! Use em and play to em.
- Avoid shadows.
- Know when to use (and say no) to the flash. I'd avoid it personally.
- Take em in the morning! When your makeup and hair are fresh before you walk out the door and become victim to the elements.
- Channel your inner model just...avoid the duck lips.
- Clean your room and know your surroundings and background. How many dirty bedroom selfies have you seen? Dirty bathrooms?
- Don't over edit & over think it! Go with it!
- Avoid cliche(s) photos. Been there, done that, seen it...way too many times.
- Embrace your natural smile and expressions!
- Bad ass sunglasses never hurt anyone or their selfie!
- Pick a filter...and stick with it! Please!
Now take that super selfie and post it on our Facebook for everyone to see! Show em how it's done!
Go to your camera roll right now. Scroll the short distance to the last time you were taking selfies. Now pause to observe. Chances are, you banked somewhere between five and 450,000 shots until you got the right one. We all do it.