Michigan State Homecoming This Weekend!
In case you didn't know its Homecoming time at Michigan State, and there is tons to do and also know about all of the festivities.
Here is a list of some of the events going on this week.
- Alumni Grand Awards Gala - 5:30 p.m. Oct. 19, Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center, Big Ten Room. To register and for more information, go here.
- Healthy Homecoming Walk - 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 20, Demonstration Hall Field. This event is free and open to all students and staff.
- Ice Cream at The Rock - 12 p.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 20, The Rock. Students can celebrate Homecoming with some free Dairy Store Ice Cream.
- MSU Homecoming Parade - 6 p.m. Oct. 20, Downtown East Lansing. The Homecoming Parade travels down Abbot to Grand River and onto the campus. Expect road closures and traffic during this. More on the Parade here.
- Green and White Brunch - 12:30 p.m. Oct. 21, Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center, Big Ten Room. Registration is done but you can still see more information on it here.
- Homecoming Football Game - 3:30 p.m. Oct. 21, Spartan Stadium. Check the Michigan State Spartans taking on the Indiana Hoosiers.
- Also here is another note to know about Homecoming weekend: you will be seeing more of police presence this weekend.
- The East Lansing Police Department will have 18 extra officers working Friday when the homecoming parade begins.
- They will be treating the parade like a MSU game so that means be on your good behavior.
- Also ELPD is stressing to the public that if they see something strange or threatening to say something.