HAUNTED MICHIGAN: An Inside Look at The Jewett House, Mason
Have you ever been in the old Jewett House in Mason? Well, I finally made it inside. The photo gallery above shows you many outside AND inside pictures: first floor, second floor, attic, tower…and basement.
This Munster-ish mansion was built in either the 1830’s or 1840’s (depending on which source you wanna believe) by an unknown lumber baron and inhabited by the Jewett family beginning in the 1920’s, eventually becoming a funeral home.
In 1990, when the funeral home shut down, the house became a rental property, for those people who were brave enough to reside in a spooky old house that had been used for the deceased…and the spirits of some of those deceased are believed to still be inside…
However, the people and families that moved in soon moved right back out. They complained of footsteps on the second floor, disembodied voices, cigar smoke, toys & other objects moving on their own, whistling in the middle of the night and other instances of paranormal activity.
Victor St. Clair from the Michigan Area Paranormal Society related some of the things he & his crew discovered & witnessed at the house:
1) The spirits of Alton Jewett, Art Jewett and Art’s best friend, Duffy have been active…Duffy and Alton have been caught on EVP.
2) A little boy named “Michael” has been heard in the basement saying “they sent me here to stay.” Whether he died in the basement is unknown.
3) A little 6-year-old girl named “Rachel” lingers in the front room, grabs people’s hands and tugs on clothing.
4) Shadow people are seen peeking around corners.
5) During Christmastime, tenants have said the Christmas tree ornaments are found all over the floor when they wake up in the morning.
6) People have experienced waves of nausea, likely caused by a strong spirit presence.
Check out the EVP’s (Electric Voice Phenomenon’s) that Vic recorded in the Jewett House by going to the EVP files at:
Michigan Area Paranormal Society fan Page.
Once you’re there, scroll down until you reach the dates “October 4, 2014″ and “July 4, 2014.” On those dates, Vic and his crew recorded a slew of EVP’s at the Jewett House that you’ll be able to actually hear.
WARNING: SOME OF THESE SPIRITS USE FOUR-LETTER-WORDS.
The Jewett House is a “can’t-miss”….located at the corner of S. Jefferson and W. Elm in Mason, a block away from Los Tres Amigos restaurant.
***ALWAYS GET PERMISSION TO ENTER LOCKED BUILDINGS, LOCKED CEMETERIES, ETC. TO PROTECT YOURSELF. MANY HAVE BEEN APPREHENDED THAT DID NOT GET PERMISSION.***