Lansing-Area Primary Election Results
If you couldn’t make it to the polls yesterday in Lansing there were a few big things that were decided, like Mayor and City Council candidates.
- Lansing Mayor Primary Results – Andy Schor and Judi B. Clarke are going to be our final candidates for Lansing Mayor in November. Schor had 68% of the vote and Clarke had 23% with the other 3 candidates getting the rest.
- For City Council there are 2 seats for 4 candidates as Peter Spadafore, Kathie Dunbar, Guillermo Lopez and Kyle Bowman outpaced a ballot of twelve candidates to move on to the general election.
- Meanwhile, voters in Meridian Township have approved a millage request to fund increased police and fire protection. The vote was 3074 “yes” and 1911 “no”.
- In Jackson their City Council primary field is down to two in Ward 3 (David Greer received 155 votes and Jeromy Alexander’s 89 votes.) And in Ward 5 Andrew Frounfelker was the top vote-getter with 154. He will meet Susan Murdie, who received 25 votes, in the November general election.
- Voters in Summit Township approved a bond to improve their roads by a margin of almost 3 to 1. While residents in Pulaski Township voted against a bond to increase taxes and fix roads.
To see more exact results from each race and ballot measure in the Lansing-Area, check it out here.