General Contest Rules & FAQ
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA-LANSING GENERAL CONTEST RULES
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA & ITS STATIONS THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN ALL OF OUR CONTESTS AND WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU OF OUR GENERAL CONTEST RULES:
1. ONLY ONE WINNER PER PERSON EVERY THIRTY (30) DAYS. UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED, ALL WINNERS MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
2. ALL PRIZES NOT CLAIMED WITHIN TWO WEEKS (14 DAYS) OF THE DATE WON WILL BE FOREFEITED. IF A PRIZE IS NOT CLAIMED, THE WINNER IS STILL CONSIDERED A CONTEST WINNER AND MUST ADHERE TO THE RULES OF EILGIBILITY.
3. ONCE A PRIZE IS WON ON THE AIR, AND ALL OF THE WINNER’S INFORMATION IS TAKEN, YOU ARE AN OFFICIAL WINNER OF TOWNSQUARE MEDIA & THEIR STATIONS AND MUST ABIDE BY ALL OF THE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES.
4. ANYONE WHO WINS ONE THOUSAND ($1000) DOLLARS OR MORE IN CASH, PRIZES, OR A COMBINATION OF BOTH ON ANY/ALL TOWNSQUARE MEDIA-LANSING STATIONS COMBINED IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN AGAIN FOR A PERIOD OF ONE (1) YEAR. ANYONE WHO WINS PRIZE(S) VALUED AT $600.00 ON ANY/ALL TOWNSQUARE MEDIA-LANSING STATIONS COMBINED WITHIN A CALENDAR YEAR WILL RECEIVE A 1099 TAX FORM WHICH MUST BE FILED WITH THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE FROM EITHER TOWNSQUARE MEDIA OR THE SPONSOR/PRIZE PROVIDER.
5. ALL CALLS ON THE CONTEST LINE CAN BE RECORDED FOR PLAYBACK ON ANY AND ALL TOWNSQUARE MEDIA STATIONS.
6. ALL PRIZES MUST BE PICKED UP AT THE TOWNSQUARE MEDIA-LANSING BUSINESS OFFICE DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS, MONDAY – FRIDAY 8a.m – 5p.m EXCEPT HOLIDAYS.
7. PROPER ID MUST BE PRESENTED WHEN PICKING UP A PRIZE AND A STANDARD RELEASE FORM MUST BE SIGNED.
8. ALL PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND MAY NOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH. PRIZES MAY ONLY BE WON BY THE PERSON ON THE PHONE AT THE TIME OF WINNING. ALTERNATE WINNER NAMES OR WINNING FOR SOMEONE ELSE IS NOT ALLOWED. IF THIS IS DETERMINED TO BE THE CASE, OR IF A CALLER IS WINNING UNDER ANY FRAUDULENT OR QUESTIONABLE METHODS, THE CONTEST & WINNINGS WILL BE FORFEITED AND THE CONTEST MAY BE RE-PLAYED AT A LATER DATE. IF THE CALLER/POTENTIAL WINNER PERSISTS IN THIS METHOD THEY MAY BE BANNED FROM FUTURE WINNING WITH THIS AND/OR OTHER TOWNSQUARE MEDIA RADIO STATIONS.
9. PRIZES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ANY REASON.
10. TOWNSQUARE MEDIA & ITS STATIONS DO NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVENTS CANCELLED AND/OR RESCHEDULED, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR REPLACING TICKETS/PRIZES ALREADY WON TO THE EVENTS CANCELLED.
11. EMPLOYEES OF TOWNSQUARE MEDIA., ITS STATIONS, PARTICIPATING SPONSORS, THEIR FAMILIES, AND EMPLOYEES OF ANY RADIO STATION IN THE LANSING, MI TOTAL SURVEY AREA, AS DESIGNATED BY ARBITRON, ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN.
12. TOWNSQUARE MEDIA & ITS STATIONS ASSUME THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THESE RULES AT ANY TIME.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What are your office hours / phone numbers? Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. The office is NOT open on weekend or holidays. Office phone – (517) 394-7272
2. Where do I pick up my prize? All prizes (unless instructed to do otherwise) can be claimed at the Townsquare Media- Lansing Business Office, located at 3420 Pine Tree Road in Lansing. Our office has handicap parking and is handicap-accessible.
3. How long do I have to pick up a prize after winning? We allow 2 weeks for claiming a prize. If you have a problem, call us and we can give you an extension. However, if the prize you won has an expiration date or if you won tickets to an event, it is your responsibility to pick up your prize before it becomes void. The prize will not be replaced if it is not picked up in a timely manner.
4. Can someone pick up a prize for me? Yes. However, they must present a copy of your drivers’ license which shows the office they are authorized to claim your prize and sign on your behalf. If the prize you won is valued at over $100.00, you must appear yourself and sign. The only exception to this is a parent/legal guardian claiming a prize for a minor child or claiming a large prize which must be done by the winner in person.
5. Will I be taxed for prizes won?If you win a prize/prizes which have a combined value of $600.00 or more during the calendar year (combined from all Townsquare Media stations) you will receive a 1099 Miscellaneous Income Form and your winnings will be reported.
6. How often can I win? Once per 30-day period per person. Winning/Prizes are non-transferable.
7. What are the rules for participating in a contest for a big prize, such as a trip?Contests we do for large prizes will have their own rules which will be posted on the website during the contest and also available for viewing during our regular business hours. If you win a large prize you will be contacted directly concerning arrangements for claiming your prize.
8. Can prizes be mailed?As a winner, it is your responsibility to claim your prize or authorize someone to pick it up for you. A prize can be mailed if you make arrangements with Jordan Lee to send a stamped, self-address envelope to us. If a prize is mailed, the winner understands that it can not be replaced if it is lost, damaged, delayed or destroyed. Some prizes, regardless of circumstances, can not be mailed. In this event, if the winner can not make arrangements for prize pick-up, the prize(s) must be forfeited.
9. How do I submit a Public Service/Non-profit event to the website calendar? We are happy to offer non-profit organizations, churches, clubs & community organizations a means of publicizing their events free of charge on our website event calendar. Public Service Announcements are specifically for non-profit organizations to publicize their organization and community events without charge. On the EVENT tab on the home page one of the drop-down options is “submit an event” which will guide you through the submission process. Once an event is approved it will appear on the calendar.
10. I won a prize that I really don’t want. Can I trade for something else? No, we do not allow prize-trading…make sure the prize is something you want before you win.
11. I didn’t claim a prize that I won. Do I still have to wait 30 days before winning again? Yes, the 30 day rule applies to “winning” not “claiming”.
12. I am interested in an INTERNSHIP or JOB SHADOW…who do I contact? We do offer internships which must be done for actual class credits and are normally 12 weeks in length. Job Shadows are normally done through a school or job agency.
For more information or specific questions, email Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org or call (517) 887-3290.