Final Details on Michigan State’s Homecoming Tonight
Michigan State Spartans get ready to celebrate Homecoming with the parade (Grand Marshall by Tom and Lupe Izzo) and also Midnight Madness tonight. So that means a couple of road closures and traffic that you should know about.
The parade begins at the intersection of Abbot and Burcham streets then continue south on Abbot, east on Grand River Avenue, turn south on Farm Lane at the Collingwood Drive entrance and end at the intersection of Farm and Shaw Lanes on campus. The staging area for the parade will be at the the Hannah Community Center, and that will close at noon.
Closures begin as early as 2:30 p.m. Here's the list:
• Abbot between Oxford Road/Whitehills Drive and Burcham Drive from 2:30 to 7 p.m.
• Abbot between Burcham Drive and Grand River Avenue from 5:30 and 7:15 p.m.
• Burcham Drive, between Old Hickory Lane and Abbot from 3:30 to 7:15 p.m.
• Grand River Avenue between Abott and Collingwood Drive from 5:30 to 7:15 p.m.
• Several streets near the Hannah Community Center will be closed from 2:30 to 7 p.m.