Everything You Need To Know For Memorial Day Weekend
This weekend is of course Memorial Day weekend, its the unofficial start to summer and that means yes a lot of people will be on the roads traveling. According to AAA this may be the highest amount of people traveling during the weekend than any other Memorial Day Weekend in the last 10 years.
But just to give you some ideas about what you may see from the weather, gas prices, and more this weekend check it out below
- Weather - Its going to be humid and highs in the mid-80s and you may see a shower late friday into saturday morning but other than that Sunday and Monday are looking rain-free.
- Gasoline - Prices have taken an uptick in the last two weeks as we average in Lansing around $2.55 but the rest of the state is about 5-10 cents cheaper than it is in Lansing.
- What To Do
- Camping - The good news: There’s still plenty of availability, including this weekend. But Michigan Dept of Natural Resources say you can check out openings and make a reservation at www.midnrreservations.com
- Frankenmuth hosts the Dog Bowl Saturday and Sunday. It's billed as "the world's largest Olympic-style event for dogs." Details
- Mackinaw City claims its the largest Memorial Day parade in the state, with bands, floats, clowns, trolleys and more. It’s at 1 p.m. Saturday starting at the state dock down Central Avenue to Nicolet Street to Fort Michilimackinac Details
- Somethings going on in Lansing