East Lansing Named #1 Big Ten City
Wallethub.com recently published an article on the best and worst cities for football fans and sports fan alike, and East Lansing, MI, home of Michigan State, ranked No. 5 overall, making it the highest-ranked Big Ten city on the list.
This list consisted of 245 of the largest U.S. cities, and the list is based on 18 factors, ranging from the best performing teams in both the NFL and college to average ticket prices. The #1 ranked city was Green Bay, Wi and the #1 college city was Clemson, SC (Home of Univ of Clemson). You can check out the full list here
Here is a look at where some of the Big Ten cities ranked.
- East Lansing, MI (No. 5 overall) – Michigan State
- State College, PA (No. 22 overall) – Penn State
- Minneapolis, MN (No. 24 overall) – Minnesota
- College Park, MD (No. 81 overall) – Maryland
- Ann Arbor, MI (No. 84 overall) – Michigan
- Madison, WI (No. 91 overall) – Wisconsin
- Iowa City, IA (No. 94 overall) – Iowa
- Champaign, IL (No. 95 overall) – Illinois
- Piscataway, NJ (No. 116 overall) – Rutgers
- Columbus, OH (No. 124 overall) – Ohio State