5 Reasons Lansing’s Fall Won’t Suck
Summer is almost over and I, for one, am glad. I'M SORRY! But I just don't like hot weather. And the sun. The sun is hot. Give me a beautiful, crisp, fall day any day of the year and I'm in heaven. Crunchy leaves, hot caramel apple cider, cute sweaters, adorable boots...I LOVE ALL OF IT!
So to get you all over your summertime sadness, here's some things to look forward to this fall!
1. Football. Really, I don't need to say much more than that, but MSU's first home game is this Friday night against Jacksonville State. Boom.
2. Beerfest at the Ballpark. Sample 250 beverages on the field of the Cooley Law School Stadium on September 12th. Plus food and live music? I'm sold.
3. Capital City River Run Weekend. A weekend chock full of running, if you're into that sort of thing. They'll have a 5K, half marathon, and this year they've added a full marathon to the mix. Those will be September 20th and 21st.
4. Oktoberfest. Head to Oldtown and eat lots of yummy German food while drinking lots of yummy beer! Plus, if you buy a ticket for Friday night, you'll get in for free on Saturday as well! BONUS!
5. Silver Bells in the City. Lansing's kick off to the holiday season is a great time for all Downtown. They'll light up the Christmas tree in front of the Capital, they'll have a parade, food, music, and just all around jolly good cheer. This happens November 21st and then pretty much it's Christmas, so get ready!
For more info on these and other really cool fall events to check out click here.