10 Things Michiganders Do That Other States Find Strange
Michigan is really different and stranger than other states, but that’s exactly what makes Michigan interesting! I’m not originally from Michigan but I can tell you getting used to some of these things below takes a few months, but after almost 2 yeas in Michigan I think I got the hang of things.
But here are 10 things, I’ve noticed and also Onlyinyourstate.com has noticed, that most Michiganders do that people from other states might find strange.
- An octopus gets thrown onto the ice at almost every Red Wings game.
- Michigan Lefts! No other state has as many of these as we do.
- Most of us STILL SUPPORT the Detroit Lions, they have to win eventually.
- Vernon’s ginger ale cures upset stomachs.
- We dig Superman ice cream.
- We love spooky “haunted Michigan” tales, legends & rumors.
- We use our hand to point out places in Michigan. Lansing is easy to point to.
- There are tons of potholes on the roads and everyone seems to be okay with it.
- We give everything an “S” even when its not written (Like Meijers or Krogers)
- Wear Shorts all of the time! I’ve seen so many more people in shorts this winter, i mean I know it’s a mild winter (of sorts) But don’t you get cold?